3 Ways to Treat OsteoarthritisLearn more
AskMDFind out how to manage your knee arthritis
The number of people in the U.S. who have osteoarthritis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
What is osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, a condition also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease. It is the wearing of the cartilage that covers and acts as a cushion inside joints. Symptoms may include pain . . .
- Q What are the signs of osteoarthritis?
- Q How does exercise help prevent osteoarthritis?
- Q How is osteoarthritis different from rheumatoid arthritis?
- Q How does osteoarthritis affect the body?
- Q Will losing weight help prevent osteoarthritis?
- Q Is osteoarthritis the same as arthritis?
- Q What tests are used to diagnose osteoarthritis?
- Q Is pain the biggest symptom of osteoarthritis?
- Q Why is osteoarthritis so debilitating?
- Q Can children get osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis Action Plans
When you hurt, it's hard to enjoy your life. Take control of osteoarthritis pain with these action plans.
Be Proactive About Pain Management Check Your Pain Relief Try Tai Chi Manage Stress
Osteoarthritis VideosSee more videos
Pain Treatment Guide
Chronic Pain Treatments -- Rated
Want to know which osteoarthritis treatments really work? Ask those who know.
The Osteoporosis Prevention Diet
Choose foods packed with oils, fats, phytochemicals and antioxidants that fight osteoarthritis.
Studies in England have found that music can reduce chronic pain from diseases such as osteoarthritis by 21% and depression by 25%. Research reveals that listening to Celtic, classical or Indian (raga) music for 30 minutes a day can significantly lower blood pressure . . .