3 Ways to Treat OsteoarthritisLearn more
AskMDFind out how to manage your knee arthritis
The number of people in the U.S. who have osteoarthritis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
What causes primary osteoarthritis?
Primary osteoarthritis tends to occur after age 45. A combination of genetic predisposition and normal "wear and tear" of the joints . . .
- Q Can I have osteoarthritis if I don't feel pain?
- Q What is secondary osteoarthritis?
- Q Is it normal to feel pain during exercise if I have osteoarthritis?
- Q How does osteoarthritis affect the body?
- Q Will losing weight help prevent osteoarthritis?
- Q Is osteoarthritis the same as arthritis?
- Q What tests are used to diagnose osteoarthritis?
- Q Is pain the biggest symptom of osteoarthritis?
- Q Why is osteoarthritis so debilitating?
- Q Can children get osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis Action Plans
When you hurt, it's hard to enjoy your life. Take control of osteoarthritis pain with these action plans.
Be Proactive About Pain Management Check Your Pain Relief Try Tai Chi Manage Stress Get More Joint Health Tips
Osteoarthritis VideosSee more videos
Pain Treatment Guide
Chronic Pain Treatments -- Rated
Want to know which osteoarthritis treatments really work? Ask those who know.
The Osteoporosis Prevention Diet
Choose foods packed with oils, fats, phytochemicals and antioxidants that fight osteoarthritis.