Oral thrush (candidiasis) can usually be prevented with some simple steps:
- Practice good oral hygiene, including brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, and using an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Replace your toothbrush often, especially if you've already had a thrush infection.
- If you use inhaled steroids, rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth after taking a dose.
- If you have diabetes, keeping your blood sugar under control may help prevent thrush.
- If you wear dentures, clean them well every night.