There are a few things you need to do in order to keep ghrelin at bay.
- Eat every 4 hours. Ghrelin is produced and secreted on a four hour schedule. In order to keep ghrelin low you need to eat on a schedule. Eat at least three meals, and one to two snacks every 3-4 hours daily.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Less than 7 hours of sleep has been associated with higher ghrelin levers, reported hunger, and higher body weight in research studies.
- Eat animal protein at every meal. Protein takes longer to digest, and studies show it is the most effect food groups at lowering ghrelin.
- Drink at least 75 ounces water daily. Thirst and hunger are easily confused because they share the same side effects; fatigue, muscle cramping/soreness, dizzy, poor concentration etc.
- Reduce stress. Stress is associated with higher body weight, and ghrelin production.