Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What's the best way to correct or reduce high-degree myopia?

A Answers (1)

  • High myopia, or nearsightedness, can be corrected with spectacles, but contact lenses give better vision; both can be made in any prescription. More invasive procedures can be considered for cases of true high myopia in contact-lens-intolerant individuals, including clear-lens extraction and phakic-intraocular lenses, but these procedures may increase the risk of retinal detachment.
Did You See?  Close
Is there a cure for late adult onset myopia?