Question

Metabolism and Weight Loss

What are some natural ways to increase my metabolism?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Three natural products you can use to boost your metabolism are:
    • Forskolin - This plant-based supplement is sourced from a member of the mint and lavender family, and is native to the mountains of Asia. It works to increase your metabolic rate, so you can burn fat more efficiently. It is safe and does not affect your heart rate. When you burn fat, you automatically reduce the appearance of cellulite. You can find it at your local health food store; make sure to only use as directed.
    • Banaba Leaf Tea - This tea is sourced from woody plants native to the temperate regions of the US. It stimulates fat loss by lowering blood sugar. When blood sugar is low, the body burns fat. If you’re not a fan of the flavor, you can always steep it in combination with the tea you usually drink. Have 1 or 2 cups a day.
    • Balsamic Vinegar and Pickles - The acetic acid found in vinegar and pickles has 2 major effects. It activates genes that burn fat, and it increases satiety, so your appetite will be satisfied. Have 2 tablespoons of vinegar with your meals and add more pickles to your diet. If you have a strong craving for sugar, eating a pickle will knock it down.

The naked diet plan:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/naked-diet-plan?page=2#copy&fbc_channel=1

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • AChris Kilham, Alternative/complementary Medicine, answered
    Chris Kilham - What are some natural ways to increase my metabolism?

A sluggish metabolism can really affect your waistline. In this video, "Medicine Hunter" and author Chris Kilham maps out the best ways to boost your body's metablism.

• ALisa Lynn, Fitness, answered
    Lisa Lynn - What are some natural ways to increase my metabolism?

Fitness expert Lisa Lynn discusses some natural ways to increase your metabolism. Watch Lisa Lynn's video for important tips and information about fitness, diet and weight loss.

• Weight training and high intensity interval training (HIIT) are great ways to increase metabolism long after you stop working out.

In addition, there has been numerous studies showing that drinking Oolong tea daily increases your energy expenditure by the amount of polymerized polyphenols it contains. It tastes great too.

A tablespoon of ufiltered unpasteurized organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water has also been shown to speed up metabolism and help in reducing weight. Be careful with this as the taste could be very offensive to your taste buds. Some sweeten this with a little bit of honey to make it go down smoother.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
What foods can help me boost my metabolism?