Hot flashes? Mood swings? No, you're not crazy—you're just in menopause. Going through the Big Change isn’t always easy: Fluctuating hormone levels of menopause cause a host of symptoms— including some that can take you by surprise. Not only that, but the symptoms can change over time. Find out what to expect and when to get help.Take Our Quiz
Is Hormone Therapy Safe?Learn More
AskMDFind out how to manage your menopause
The average age of menopause in the US.
North American Menopause Society
Robin Miller, MD
Triune Integrative Medicine
Can massage relieve menopause symptoms?
Massage can have a significant effect on menopause symptoms, says integrative medicine specialist Robin Miller, MD, but it'll take more than a shoulder squeeze to cool those hot flashes. Learn what kind of rubdown will relieve menopause symptoms . . .
- Q How can I reverse weight gain after menopause?
- Q What is perimenopause?
- Q What is menopause transition?
- Q How can I deal with hot flashes during menopause?
- Q How can herbal remedies reduce symptoms of menopause?
- Q How can I relieve vaginal dryness caused by menopause?
- Q What is menopausal hormone therapy?
- Q Is cancer a concern after menopause?
- Q How can menopause affect my sex life?
- Q How can I avoid mood swings during perimenopause?
Menopause Action Plans
Managing menopause is a challenge, but our Action Plans can help you take control during this transition.
Check Your Menopause Symptoms 8 Ways to Beat Menopause Symptoms Strong Bones for Life Managing Perimenopause 7 Ways to Recharge Your Sex Life
Maple, Walnut and Flaxseed Pancakes
These healthy pancakes have flaxseed, which some studies suggest may help with hot flashes.
Remedy for Vaginal Dryness
For many women, vaginal dryness is a problem during menopause. This cream may help.