Can I receive Medicaid if my adult children care for me?

A Answers (1)

  • AUnitedHealthcare answered

    You may be eligible to receive Medicaid if your adult children are caring for you. Federal law does not allow states to use the income of someone other than a spouse to determine your eligibility, so even if your adult children have the financial means to care for you, you may still be able to receive Medicaid based on your own income. Check with your state's Medicaid program about specific requirements.

    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Did You See?  Close
How is income level for Medicaid determined?