Preventive health screenings can reveal potential problems early so they can be addressed. Aging experts recommend that you keep tabs on the following:
• Dental health
• Vision (glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, etc.)
• Cardiovascular disease (blood pressure, cholesterol, hemoglobin A1c)
• Osteoporosis (via FRAX assessment and/or bone-density screening)
• Cancer (screening for breast, prostate, skin, colon and gynecologic
• Vaccinations (influenza, pneumococcal, tetanus and herpes zoster)
Talk to your doctor about when and how often you should be screened and whether there are other regular tests or screens you should get based on your family health history.