1. Eat well the morning of your flight and carry healthy snacks. Avoid fatty foods that can raise blood cholesterol and tax your system.
2. Get yourself a C-pillow to support your head so you can nap comfortably in your seat, this will also keep your head from bobbing and cutting off your air.
3. Avoid napping entirely if you cannot get into a comfortable position that prevents snoring. If you’re seriously overweight, consider buying a business class ticket so you have more room.
4. Don’t do anything stressful during the flight. Enjoy this time to relax, read something light, or have a conversation with the person next to you.
5. If the cabin pressure changes and you sense a higher heart rate, focus on taking a few deep belly breaths. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Let your belly expand outward as you inhale, and back to resting position as you exhale.