The type of pain you experience can offer clues to its cause. Keep these factors in mind when describing your pain to your doctor.
- Where the pain is located
- When you first noticed the pain
- What precipitated the pain
- How long you have had the pain
- How long the pain lasts when it comes
- How often the pain occurs
- What you do or take that makes it worse
- What you do or take that makes it better
- What it feels like - stabbing, throbbing, stinging etc.
- What other symptoms you have
- What you think it is
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com