- Use family and friends as support.
- Exercise and find time to rest.
- Reduce stress through relaxation, music, massage, yoga, and getting enough sleep.
- See a social worker or counselor.
- Share your concerns with a support group of people who have arthritis too.
- Keep a pain journal to document your symptoms for yourself and your doctor.
- Stay educated about your condition.
A Answers (1)
Donna Hill Howes, RN, Administrator, answeredDepression has been strongly linked to osteoarthritis. It's a good idea to get support if you think you're depressed. Talk to your doctor if you have having symptoms of depression. Here are some other ways to cope: