Question

Leg Exercises

How can I get rid of cellulite on the back of my legs?

• Cellulite is a subcutaneous fatty substance. As it accumulates it pushes against the connective tissues and makes the skin pucker and ripple. The best way to get rid of cellulite is by following a fat loss exercise program. A fat loss program will consist of cardiovascular exercise, weight training, and diet. Various forms of cardiovascular exercise, such as biking, swimming or running, is beneficial especially when working at an intensity that gets the heart rate high.  

Muscular endurance training will also augment cardiovascular programming to reach weight loss goals. Muscular endurance training is the ability to produce and maintain force production for prolonged periods of time. Muscular endurance training is exercises that have higher repetitions and moderate loads. Research has found that after the initial 12 weeks of training, multiple sets of up to 15 repetitions, 4 times a week for 6 months, resulted in a threefold decrease in body fat and an increase in local muscle endurance, as well as a significant increase in lean body mass.

• ASadie Lincoln, Fitness, answered on behalf of barre3
    The million dollar question! Cellulite is an issue for so many of us, but the good news is, there are many ways to decrease and even eliminate it from our bodies. In our barre3 classes we love targeted exercises that focus on the hamstrings and supportive seat muscles. This combined with a healthy diet and daily cardio activity should create the right platform for minimizing the appearance of cellulite.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How can I get definition in my legs?