- A walker.
- TED (thrombo embolic deterrent) hose (elastic stockings used to help prevent blood clots in your legs)
- A CPM (continuous passive motion) machine is occasionally used.
A Answers (2)
Before you leave the hospital after knee replacement surgery, your doctor will recommend special equipment that will help you recover. Your equipment may include:
Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Sports and Orthopedic Center answeredAfter knee replacement surgery, the equipment used for physical therapy in the hospital includes:
- knee immobilizer splint
- CPM at bedside
- walker (with progression to cane as able)
- neuromuscular electrical stimulation for the activation of the key knee-stabilizing muscles
- ice compression sleeve to reduce postoperative swelling and facilitate range of motion
- neuromuscular electrical stimulation for strengthening of the key knee-stabilizing muscles.
- ice compression sleeve to reduce swelling and facilitate knee range of motion
- isokinetic training equipment with biofeedback to facilitate a quicker recovery
- free weights and exercise bands