Children are more vulnerable to toxins due to the timing of the exposure at important stages of development. Whereas adults have already developed organs of elimination and neural pathways, toxicants interfere with the very development of these organs creating more susceptibility in little bodies.
- Neurons in the brain increase a thousand fold in the first 2 years of life.
- Connections in these neurons increase to 15,000 by age 2-3 years old.
- Babies are starting out compromised in utero to over 200 chemicals from the umbilical blood from their mom's own exposure.
- Stress from the mom's emotional and environmental environment impairs the ability of the newborn’s nervous system and causes decreased ability to rid of toxicants.
- A combination of stress and chemicals increases toxicity exponentially.
- Smaller doses are needed for smaller bodies. Children are exposed to new chemicals every day and their little DNA is just not programmed to handle such extreme exposure.