Question

Inflammation

How do I manage my inflammation on a daily basis?

• Inflammation, especially a severe case, can have a significant effect on your daily life, but there are ways to manage it. Pain can be treated with prescription medications or over-the-counter pain killers like aspirin. Severe cases of inflammation that affect specific parts of your body can be treated regularly with prescription medication. Eating well and getting enough rest and exercise may also help you feel better on a regular basis.

• It can be difficult to manage daily inflammation because it can come from a variety of sources. You can be inflamed by an overuse injury. In that case, using an anti-inflammatory drug may help, but it is most important to avoid overuse. Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis can also cause inflammation. If this is the case, you should ask your rheumatologist about a plan to reduce the inflammation.
Can inflammation be prevented?