Hospitals, families and friends can all play a part in keeping you safe from infection while you are in the hospital.
- Place hand gels and cleansing foam in an obvious place so people can see them and use them.
- Use bright colored posters and reminders to all about keeping their hands germ free through regular washing with soap and water.
- Run a public service announcement on their video system or website talking about the importance of infection protection.
- Wash their hands frequently when they are at the hospital.
- Help health care staff and visitors remember to wash their hands and objects that may come in contact with you (cell phones, laptops, stethoscopes, etc).
- Stay home if they have are sick or have an open sore. Though they will want to visit you, they should consider refraining for your safety and the safety of other patients.