Question

Impact Of Meditation On The Body

How can I use meditation to help reduce stress and headaches?

• AMaoshing Ni, PhD, LAc, Gerontology, answered
    It turns out that the human brain is genetically programmed to translate physical and emotional stress into headaches. Headaches can typically be prevented by relaxation or stress-releasing techniques like meditation and tai chi. Here is a simple visualization meditation called White Light Meditation that I have taught to my patients to reduce stress and headaches:

1. Sit or lie down comfortably. Clear your mind, relax your body, and breathe deeply and slowly.
    2. Inhale and visualize a white light or clear mountain spring water entering your body at the top of your head and flowing down to your abdomen.
    3. Exhale and visualize the white light or water continuing its downward course from your abdomen to the bottom of your feet, where it drains out.
    4. Repeat for 10 minutes.

Usually you will experience a quick reduction in symptoms right after this exercise.
Can meditation help lower cholesterol levels?