If you have chronic hypertension, you should seek immediate help if you have:
- a very bad headache, dizziness, trouble thinking clearly (confusion) or problems with understanding things or talking
- chest pain or discomfort that spreads to your arms, jaw or back
- lips or nail beds that turn blue or white in color
- nausea (upset stomach), sweating or trouble breathing
- inability to see out of one or both of your eyes
- unusual, sudden back pain
- weakness or numbness in your arm, leg or face. This may happen on only one side of your body.