Question

Herbal Supplements

If I take theanine, how much should I take?

• Adults (18 years and older): For anxiety, a single dose of 200 milligrams of Suntheanine® has been taken by mouth. L-theanine is thought to be most effective for stress and anxiety in the range of 50-200 milligrams, with effects being felt within 30 minutes and lasting for 8-10 hours. It has been suggested that a maximum dose is 1,200 milligrams daily. However, additional research is needed in this area.

For blood pressure control, a single dose of 200 milligrams theanine has been taken by mouth.

For cognition (mental performance), a single dose of 200-250 milligrams has been taken by mouth.

For mood, a single dose of 200-250 milligrams has been taken by mouth.

You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

Copyright © 2012 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.

What is theanine?