Question

Herbal Supplements

If I take lecithin supplements, how much should I take?

• Adults (18 years and older):

For Alzheimer's disease, 10-25 grams of lecithin by mouth has been taken daily for up to six months.

For improvement of plasma choline levels during exercise, 2.2 grams of lecithin has been taken by mouth daily for two days, or 0.2 grams per kilogram of body mass has been taken by mouth one hour before exercise.

For cognitive disorders, 20 milliliters of Buerlecithin® flussig (100 milliliters contains nine grams of lecithin) has been taken by mouth twice daily for 84 days.

For dementia, daily doses of 1,000 milligrams and 1,600 milligrams of lecithin have been taken by mouth for three months.

For mania, 10 milligrams of lecithin has been taken by mouth three times daily.

For Parkinson's disease, approximately 32 grams of lecithin has been taken by mouth daily for nine weeks.

For stress-related disorders, 400 milligrams of a complex of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine has been taken by mouth three times daily for four weeks.

For tardive dyskinesia, 20-50 grams of lecithin has been taken by mouth daily for up to eight weeks. Lecithin (0.714 grams per kilogram of body mass) in a milkshake drink has been taken daily for two months.

For total parenteral nutrition (TPN), 40 grams of lecithin has been taken daily for six weeks.

You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

For more information visit https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/

Copyright © 2012 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.

What are lecithin supplements used for?