Question

Herbal Supplements

If I take horny goat weed, how much should I take?

• Adults (18 years and older):

In general, various traditional doses have been used. These include 6-15 grams of horny goat weed daily, a decoction (made from five grams of horny goat weed simmered in 250 milliliters of water for 10-15 minutes) three times daily, horny goat weed granules, powdered horny goat weed herb in capsules, or five milliliters of 20% tincture three times daily before meals.

• To treat chest pain, four to six 0.3-gram tablets (equivalent to 2.7 grams of raw material in each tablet) have been taken by mouth twice daily for one month, stopped for 7-10 days, then continued in a second series.
    • To treat chronic bronchitis, four to six 0.3-gram tablets (equivalent to 2.7 grams of raw material in each tablet) have been taken by mouth twice daily for one month, stopped for 7-10 days, then continued in a second series.
    • To treat hormonal effects in postmenopausal women, 300 milliliters of horny goat weed extract has been taken by mouth daily for six months.
    • To treat nerve disorders, four to six 0.3-gram tablets (equivalent to 2.7 grams of raw material in each tablet) have been taken by mouth twice daily for one month, stopped for 7-10 days, then continued in a second series.
    • Doses of two milliliters of horny goat weed (equivalent to one gram of raw material) have been injected into the muscle.
    You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

Copyright © 2012 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.

What is horny goat weed, and is it a natural remedy for ED?