Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Being unable to cooperate, follow directions and understand speech well enough to respond during most tests. It may be difficult to conduct hearing tests on young children or on people who have physical or mental disabilities.
- Equipment problems, such as cracked or poorly fitting headphones or an uncalibrated audiometer or background noise.
- Difficulty speaking or understanding the language of the tester.
- A recent cold or ear infection.
- Being around loud noises within 16 hours before the test.
© Healthwise, Incorporated.