If you suspect you have gum disease, it's important to schedule regular dental checkups so that your dentist can properly diagnose you.
There are several warning signs that can signal a problem:
- gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- red, swollen or tender gums
- gums that have pulled away from your teeth
- bad breath that doesn't go away
- pus between the teeth and gums
- loose or separating teeth
- a change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- a change in the fit of partial dentures
If you notice any of these warning signs, don't hesitate: schedule a visit to a dentist as soon as possible.