Lamb Chops with Herbed Couscous and Tomatoes
32 oz lean lamb loin chops, 8 - 4 oz. pieces
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 pinch black pepper
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
1-1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced, with extra sprigs for garnish
1/2 cup couscous (whole grain, if available)
1/2 lb roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp grated lemon rind
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- On large tray, sprinkle chops with garlic powder, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Lightly coat grill grates with cooking spray. Cook 4 - 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove from grill, allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat sauté pan with cooking spray. Sauté garlic, covered, over medium, until soft; about 4 minutes.
- Add broth and water; bring to boil. Stir in rosemary and couscous. Add tomatoes and cover.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Before serving, fluff couscous with fork; add parsley, lemon zest, and additional pepper, as desired.
- To serve, divide couscous mixture between 4 serving plates. Cross 2 grilled chops atop each serving. Garnish with rosemary sprig.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 24.4g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
Total Fat 9.3g
Saturated Fat 3.2g
Unsaturated Fat 6.1g