Click below to watch chef Michel Nishan prepare this succulent chicken dish.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken
1 tsp black pepper
1 pinch kosher salt
2 tbsp butter, sliced into pats
5 medium garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
4 large shallots, chopped (or 1 medium onion)
6 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (about 6 sprigs)
1/4 cup white wine
1 whole raw chicken (about 3 pounds)
1. In slow cooker, place chopped shallot.
2. Discard organs. Rinse and pat dry chicken.
3. Make 4 or 5 slits in skin of chicken. Stuff butter and garlic cloves into slits.
4. Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour wine over chicken. Sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper over top.
5. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 hours or on high heat setting for 4 hours.
The nutritional information for this recipe is inaccurate if skin, fat, and liquid left in the crockpot are not consumed.
Makes 6 servings
Total Carbs 4.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
Sugars 0.7 g
Total Fat 12.6 g
Saturated Fat 4.7 g
Unsaturated Fat 7.9 g
Potassium 40.4 mg
Protein 4.1 g
Sodium 65.8 mg