A Answers (2)
If you're trying to lose weight, chicken parmesan may seem one of those delicious dishes that will keep you from ever reaching your goal, but with the right recipe, it can be a help instead of an obstacle. Watch this video featuring Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien to learn how to make a healthier, diet-friendly chicken parm.
Number of Servings: 2
2 egg whites
1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
4 tbsp. grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
1/2 lb. chicken breast
4 oz. Whole-wheat or spinach pasta
1 cup low-fat pasta/spaghetti sauce
- Beat egg whites until slightly frothy.
- Mix breadcrumbs & 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese in pie plate. Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, then into breadcrumbs (coat both sides).
- Bake chicken at 400*f for about 12 min. Each side, or until chicken is no longer pink and breading is golden brown.
- Prepare pasta while chicken is baking and warm pasta sauce.
- Place warm pasta (2 oz. per serving) with baked chicken breasts (4 oz. per serving).
- Top with pasta sauce (1/2 cup per serving) & remaining Parmesan cheese (1 tbsp. per serving).
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.5 g
Cholesterol: 94.5 mg
Sodium: 1,061.7 mg
Total Carbs: 42.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 38.5 g
Source: Sparkpeople Recies
Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.