Question

Healthy Nose

How can I stop sneezing so much?

• AMaoshing Ni, PhD, LAc, Gerontology, answered
    Sneezing is a localized reaction of the sinuses to irritants. You may be more sensitive to these irritants. I would suggest you conduct an allergy panel to determine if you have specific sensitivities to various environmental triggers. I also suggest you review your surroundings. Do you have pets and are they allowed in the bedroom? Pets should not be allowed in the bedroom, and your bedroom needs to always be clean and aerated. Try these:

1. For thirty minutes before going to bed, open all windows and doors to the bedroom, and aerate the room.
    2. You may also want to switch to a hypoallergenic detergent to wash your bedding and clothes.
    3. Avoid dairy products, wheat, overly stimulating foods, fried foods, simple carbohydrates, and sugars.
    4. Drink beet top tea as source of water.
    5. Drink ginger tea.

For general allergies, acupuncture and Chinese herbal remedies are very effective. I recommend you consult with a licensed practitioner.
How is the nose connected to the sinuses?