Question

Healthy Habits

What is the correct way to wipe after going to the bathroom?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered
    According to a survey on Oprah.com, 51 percent of respondents wipe front-to-back, 38 percent wipe back-to-front, 10 percent dab…and 1 percent prefer to air dry.

Who's doing it wrong and who's right?

"The dirtiest part of your body is your rectum, or your anus," Dr. Oz, Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University, says. "So if you go back-to-front, you risk carrying bacteria that aren't supposed to be in your urine up to the front. That's why many women actually get urinary tract infections. All women ought to be dabbing or going from front to back."
What should I do if I fall victim to an online health scam?