• Turkey is loaded with trytophan, a sleep-inducing amino acid. Trytophan affects melatonin, the sleep hormone that regulates and resets your internal clock.
• Turkey is rich in potassium and loaded with zinc.
• Lean turkey breasts fulfill more than half of most people's daily protein needs.
• Niacin may help increase your HDL cholesterol, the good kind, while also helping to reduce your LDL cholesterol, the bad kind.
• Turkey is an excellent source of B12, which helps prevent the buildup of homocysteine, an amino acid that may decrease cognitive function.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com