Find Info on Your State’s
Select Your State
Fast Facts6 Things You Must Know About the ACA
Up to 50%
The percentage of people under age 65 who have a preexisting condition
Top Affordable Care Act Q&As
Under healthcare reform, will I be fined if I don’t have health insurance?
Starting in 2014, with certain exemptions, every person in America will be required to have health insurance coverage or face a penalty. The penalty will be $95 in 2014, $325 in 2015, and $695 or up to 2.5 percent of your income in 2016 and beyond…
- Q What are rules about coverage for dependents?
- Q What are the advantages of buying insurance through a Marketplace?
- Q How will U.S. healthcare reform affect my quality of care?
- Q Does the ACA limit my choice of providers?
- Q How does the ACA affect insurance for women?
- Q How does U.S. healthcare reform affect Medicare?
- Q How does the ACA make it easier to get health insurance?
- Q How does the ACA affect health savings accounts?
- Q What if an employer does not offer health insurance?
- Q Can my insurance company cancel my coverage?
The ACA Does THAT?
Some parts of the ACA have gone under the radar. Here are five features you may not have heard about.
Promotes Healthy Habits Funds Community Health Centers Offers Tax Credits to Small Businesses Closes the Medicare “Donut Hole” Expands Mental Health Coverage
How to Pick a Health Insurance Plan
Now that the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplaces are open for business, many people are shopping for insurance for the first time.
Here's what you need to know
Health Insurance 101
Affordable Care Act Primer
The ACA law may be huge -- 2400+ pages, actually -- but you don’t need to slog through it all. Use this cheat sheet instead.
Will there be a doctor for me (or you) once health insurance exchanges increase the number of people for whom some insurance coverage is provided? I believe the answer will depend on how much you need one, and on the level of insurance coverage you or your employer pay for…