An adult child under age 26 is eligible to enroll in their parents’ plan if:
- his or her coverage has ended; or
- he or she was denied coverage; or
- he or she was not eligible for coverage.
To add dependents to the plan, parents may:
- need to change their enrollment status from single or employee/spouse to a status that allows dependents; or
- enroll in health coverage if they were not previously enrolled.
For more information on dependent coverage or on health care reform, visit healthcare.gov or uhc.com/reform.This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.