Problems that can happen during endometrial ablation include:
- Accidental puncture (perforation) of the uterus.
- Burns (thermal injury) to the uterus or the surface of the bowel.
- Buildup of fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema).
- Sudden blockage of arterial blood flow within the lung (pulmonary embolism).
- Tearing of the opening of the uterus (cervical laceration).
These problems are uncommon but can be severe.
This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© Healthwise, Incorporated.