Most women are able to return to normal activity within 2 to 3 days after CO2 laser surgery for cervical dysplasia. Recovery time will depend on how much was done during the procedure.After laser surgery:
- A watery vaginal discharge may occur for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Pads should be used instead of tampons for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Sexual intercourse should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Douching should not be done.
Call your doctor for any of these symptoms:
- A fever
- Heavy bleeding (more than you would usually have during a menstrual period)
- Increasing pelvic pain
- Bad-smelling or yellowish vaginal discharge, which may point to an infection
© Healthwise, Incorporated.