You can't prevent PMS. But there are things you can do to reduce your chances of having severe symptoms.
- Take daily calcium (up to 1200 mg ) and vitamin B6 ( 50 mg to 100 mg ).
- Get regular exercise. It helps reduce pain and provide a feeling of well-being.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes whole grains, protein, low-fat dairy, fruits and vegetables.
- Limit caffeine, alcohol, chocolate and salt.
- Reduce stress by managing your time well, getting enough rest and learning relaxation techniques.
- Quit smoking, if you smoke.
© Healthwise, Incorporated.