Make it fun. Exercise is any activity that stresses the musculoskeletal system or the cardiorespiratory system. Exercise is not limited to weight training or running on a treadmill. Make exercise a game that your kids will enjoy. Ride bicycles, play catch or soccer in the local park. You can also, take your kid swimming as this is an excellent form of exercise. Getting your kid involved in after school or community sport leagues is another way to exercise.
A Answers (2)
National Academy of Sports Medicine answered
Here are some ways to move your child happily from the TV and computer screen to more active hobbies.
- Get classy: Enroll your child in a dance class, karate class, tae kwon do, or even yoga.
- Hit a high note: Sign up your child for music lessons or a community choir.
- Tour the town: Take a walk around the neighborhood with your child.
- Join the team: Encourage your child to try out for team sports -- soccer, softball, basketball, swimming, etc.
- Be an individual: If your child doesn’t show an interest in team sports, encourage individual activities such as bicycling and skating.
- Hit the trail: Research opportunities for hiking in your area or within a comfortable driving distance.
- Take a learning adventure: Plan outings to museums, galleries, theme parks, and historical sites.
From Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children by Jennifer Trachtenberg.