A Answers (1)
Stacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answeredWhile any snake bite can be dangerous, some snakes are poisonous. Most people do not know the different species of snakes and which ones are poisonous. If you are bitten by a snake, get immediate medical attention. A snake bite can cause serious tissue damage where the bite occurs and can also require follow-up medical care. If the correct anti-venom is administered quickly, it can save the person's life. To prevent an attack or bite, never play with or tease a snake.