Symptoms of a snake bite may vary from mild to extremely severe so if you or your child has been bitten by a snake, or you suspect a snake bite, call 911 immediately and seek medical attention.
Here are some symptoms to look for:
- Noticeable bite mark on the skin that may appear as a discolored area with two puncture marks
- Pain and swelling in the area of the bite. Swelling may take several hours to develop.
- Skin color changes, tingling or other signs of tissue damage
- Fast pulse and/or rapid breathing
- Worsening weakness or tiredness or unconsciousness
- Changes in vision or drooping eyelids
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Feeling thirsty and/or cold
- Numbness, paralysis