- Get a dilated eye exam.
- Know your family's eye health history.
- Eat right to protect your sight -- in particular, eat plenty of dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, or collard greens, and fish that is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear protective eyewear when playing sports or doing activities around the home.
- Quit smoking or never start.
- Wear sunglasses that block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB radiation.
- Clean your hands and your contact lenses properly to avoid the risk of infection.
- Practice workplace eye safety.
A Answers (1)
The best option is to keep your eyes as healthy as possible throughout your lifetime. Here are nine ways to protect your vision: