Question

Endocrine System Disease Treatments

How can I help heal my adrenal glands?

• AJacob Teitelbaum, Integrative Medicine, answered
    Several things can be very helpful in supporting your adrenal glands to heal:
    1. Adrenal glandulars.

2. Vitamin C is critical for adrenal function. Your body's highest levels of vitamin C are found in the adrenal glands and brain tissues, and the urinary excretion of vitamin C is increased during stress. Optimizing vitamin C intake by taking 500-1,000 mg a day will also help immune function.

3. Pantothenic acid, a B vitamin, also supports adrenal function, and Pantothenic acid deficiency causes shrinking of your adrenal glands. Optimal levels are approximately 100-150 mg daily, although some physicians use even higher levels for adrenal support.

4. Licorice also slows down the breakdown of adrenal hormones in your body, helping to maintain optimal levels. Because of this, there is no licorice in licorice candies in the United States. Another beneficial effect of the licorice is that it helps in the treatment of indigestion, and it is even as effective as the prescription heartburn medication Tagamet.

5. Chromium also helps decrease the symptoms of low blood sugar. Take 200 mcg a day.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How is hyperprolactinemia treated?