- 500-1,000 milligrams of echinacea three times daily for 5-7 days (with 900 milligrams daily shown to have more benefit than 450 milligrams daily);
- 6-9 milliliters of echinacea juice in divided doses daily for 5-7 days;
- 0.75-1.5 milliliters of tincture, gargled then swallowed, 2-5 times daily for 5-7 days (with the daily dose equivalent to 900 milligrams of dried echinacea root);
- echinacea tea, typically two teaspoons (four grams of powdered echinacea herb) simmered in boiling water for 10 minutes, daily for 5-7 days.
- Eight doses of five milliliters of Echinacea purpurea extract (Echinilin®), diluted with half a glass of water, have been taken by mouth on the first day of cold symptoms, with three doses taken on days 2-7.
- Echinaforce® (6.78 milligrams of Echinacea purpurea extract) and a 7X concentration (48.27 milligrams) have been taken by mouth.
- Twenty drops of Echinaguard® (Echinacea purpurea sap) have been taken by mouth in water every two hours for the first day, then three times daily for up to 10 days. Echinacea pallida root has been taken by mouth as 90 drops daily over 8-10 days.
- Five to six cups of Echinacea Plus® tea (equivalent to 1.275 milligrams of dried herb and root per tea bag) have been taken by mouth on the first day and reduced by one cup daily for the next five days.
- A dose of 900 milligrams of Pascotox® (Echinacea pallida root) has been taken by mouth daily for 8-10 days.
- A dose of 450 milligrams or 900 milligrams of Echinacea purpurea root has been taken by mouth.
- A dose of one milliliter of Echinacea angustifolia or Echinacea purpurea root extract in 30% alcohol has been taken by mouth twice daily for 12 weeks.
- The pressed juice of Echinacea purpurea (Echinacin® EC31) has been taken by mouth for 28 days.
- A mixture of unrefined Echinacea purpurea herb (25%) and root (25%) plus Echinacea angustifolia root (50%) has been taken by mouth in one-gram doses six times on the first day of symptoms, then three times daily on each additional day of illness, for up to 10 days.
- Echinacea tablets containing 675 milligrams of Echinacea purpurea and 600 milligrams of Echinacea angustifolia root extracts have been taken by mouth as two tablets four times daily for one day, followed by one tablet four times daily for four days.
For more information visit https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/
Copyright © 2012 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.