You can eat healthfully as a family by following below given:
- Try to have one meal as a family at least once a day. It can even be breakfast!
- If your family is always "on the go," designate family dinner nights.
- Find recipes that are easy to make. Spend your time with the family, not in the kitchen.
- Turn off the television, and avoid answering the phone during the meal.
- Make family mealtime the top priority.
- Eat around a table, not side-by-side at a counter. Eating around a table is better for conversation and eye contact.
- Keep family mealtime positive, a time that everyone enjoys.
Eating together as a family is the best way to teach children healthy eating habits for a lifetime, but as indicated above, the benefits of eating together as a family extend far beyond this.