- Place a container of a small amount of mineral oil into a bowl or pan of warm water. Never heat the oil in a microwave.
- Lie on your side with your ear that has the earache facing the ceiling.
- Drip the oil into your ear using an eyedropper.
- Read a book or watch TV while lying in the same position. The wax will dissolve in less than an hour.
- Tip your head to let the wax drain into a towel. You can also get an earwax removal kit for less than $10 at your local pharmacy.
- If these attempts don't work, talk to your doc. You don't want to poke around in there and risk damaging your eardrum.
A Answers (1)
Michael Roizen, MD, Internal Medicine, answeredFollow these steps to remove earwax safely if you have an earache: