Click below to watch chef Michel Nischan whip up this dish.
Cheesy Spinach Bake
3 cups frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup whole milk
3 eggs, beaten
2 raw egg yolks, beaten
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 tsp bread crumbs, plain, grated, dry
2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
grapeseed oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat 2-quart baking dish with grapeseed cooking spray.
3. Clean and dry spinach thoroughly. Chop spinach.
4. In medium saucepan, combine cream and milk. Heat until nearly simmering.
5. In medium bowl, combine beaten eggs and yolks. Slowly add hot milk and cream mixture to beaten eggs, whisking constantly until well blended.
6. Slowly add melted butter, whisking constantly.
7. Add 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
8. In separate bowl, mix remaining cheese with bread crumbs and set aside.
9. Fold spinach into dairy and cheese mixture until well combined.
10. Transfer spinach mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumb and cheese mixture evenly over top of casserole.
11. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top before serving, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 5.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
Sugars 1.1 g
Total Fat 15.5 g
Saturated Fat 8.9 g
Unsaturated Fat 6.6 g
Potassium 65.6 mg
Protein 9.9 g
Sodium 275.4 mg