Click below to watch chef Michel Nischan bring this dish to life.
3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1lb top lean round steak, cut into 1/4"-thick strips
1 tsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp light honey
3/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsp chili paste
4 tbsp fresh lime juice or juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup warm water
1. In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger root, and garlic. Add steak; seal bag, and turn to coat steak.
2. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
4. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
5. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, strain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup for peanut sauce.
6. Thread steak evenly onto twelve 8-inch skewers (or 24 4.5-inch skewers, if making as appetizer). Coat broiler pan with cooking spray. Space skewers evenly on prepared broiler pan.
7. Place pan 5" from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) for 7 to 8 minutes (or to desired degree of doneness), basting frequently with remaining marinade.
8. Remove from broiler and arrange on serving plate.
1. In food processor or blender, combine peanut butter, honey, cilantro, chili paste, lime juice, and 1/2 cup of heated marinade. Drizzle in hot water, if needed to thin.
For appetizer: Use smaller skewers and halve the length of the meat strips. Serve on platter with oval or rectangular dish of peanut sauce for dipping. For entree: Serve two skewers per plate, drizzled with peanut sauce.
Makes 6 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 12.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 4.8 g
Total Fat 20.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.2 g
Unsaturated Fat 17.1 g
Potassium 68.3 mg
Protein 28.9 g
Sodium 347.8 mg