Question

Daily Skin Care

How can I get rid of turkey neck without surgery?

• AYouBeauty answered
    There are several strategies for getting rid of your turkey neck using topical products, depending on how advanced your particular case is. “If it’s very pronounced, surgery will give you the biggest bang for the buck,” Francesca Fusco, M.D., a New York City-based dermatologist, told us. “But for women who are scalpel-shy, there are several non-invasive treatments.”

If the skin on your neck is only slightly lax -- or if your goal is preventing turkey neck -- applying a topical cream to the area can offer some help. “A vitamin-A cream like tretinoin can have a subtle skin-tightening effect,” says Dr. Fusco. “Just keep in mind that it won’t have any effect on fat.” Ask your dermatologist about a prescription Retin-A cream or go the over-the-counter route and look for a lotion with retinol.

Good-for-your-skin ingredients like peptides and antioxidants can also help to improve the appearance of neck skin that’s just starting to slacken. “They help mature skin by supplementing skin’s natural youth-retaining functions, which increases elasticity,” says aesthetician Christina Zehavi.

And of course, daily sunscreen is a must. The thin skin on your neck is especially vulnerable to ultraviolet A (UVA) damage, which contributes to a loss of elasticity. “So many women ignore the skin on their neck,” says Fusco. “You need to give it the same care you give your face.”
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
Why does my skin look older when I don't get enough sleep?