Here’s how to love your pregnant body:
• Try gentle forms of exercise, such as walking and prenatal yoga. Physical activity can put you in touch with your body and help you learn to appreciate it. (Get your physician’s approval before starting an exercise program.)
• Talk about your feelings with your healthcare practitioner, partner, family, friends, or a therapist.
• Buy sexy lingerie in a larger size to accommodate your growing belly. A low-cut baby-doll teddy is a good choice. Choose soft, sensual fabrics that feel good to touch.
• Massage your skin with a sensuous scented body cream before bed or ask your partner to give you a foot rub.
• Choose maternity wear that emphasizes the part of your body that you find sexy. Avoid baggy clothes that make you feel fat and frumpy. Remember, how you feel about your body directly affects your sex life.
• Pamper yourself with a visit to your favorite hair stylist, get a manicure and pedicure regularly, and otherwise take time for yourself.
• Initiate intimacy with your partner. Many guys are unsure of what a woman is experiencing during pregnancy and worry about making sexual overtures.