Question

Cold and Flu

Is there a natural way to prevent the flu?

• AStacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answered
    The best way to prevent the flu is to get vaccinated. In addition, there are some natural ways to help prevent the flu. These include:
    • washing your hands with soap and water, or using antibacterial cleanser, several times a day
    • keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth, where germs can get into your system
    • getting enough rest
    • staying active
  • ADavid L. Katz, MD,MPH, Integrative Medicine, answered
    Dr. David Katz - Is there a natural way to prevent the flu?

Preventive Medicine Specialist Dr. David Katz discusses some natural ways to prevent the flu. Watch Dr. Katz's video for information on preventive medicine and overall wellness.

How can I protect my family from the flu?