How can I deal with my emotional pain at a time of grief?
- Recognize that you are in a state of grief and don't beat up on yourself because you are mourning.
- Feel free to ask yourself emotional pain questions such as "Why am I having such a difficult time after I lost my mother to cancer?" Let the answers come to you and they will eventually help you resolve your loss.
- Don't place any expectations on when your grief will end. It is impossible to predict much about the grief process, but you will feel better over time.
- Take time to exercise and eat a healthy diet.
- Listen to music that is either reassuring or if you want to-music that provokes intense memories and feelings.