- Ask questions at the hospital.
- Discuss things with your spouse and children.
- Praise your spouse for new good habits, and try not to nag.
- Take a CPR class.
- Learn the warning signs of heart attack, sudden cardiac arrest, and stroke.
- Help your spouse manage his or her medicine and treatment.
- Read about healthy lifestyles and follow the doctor’s advice.
- Use low-saturated-fat, low-cholesterol foods that your spouse will like.
- Make changes slowly, one step at a time.
- Try exercising with your spouse.
- Help your spouse stop smoking, and if you smoke, quit.
- Suggest active outings for the family.
A Answers (1)
American Heart Association answered