Foods containing simple carbohydrates include sugary fluids like soda or energy drinks, deserts, syrups, and processed foods. Complex carbohydrates include two types of foods: dietary fibers and starches. Foods with dietary fiber include nuts seed, fruits, beans, oatmeal, barley, bran, and vegetables. Starches include potatoes, beans, peas, corn, and some breads, cereals, and grains.
A Answers (2)
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) answeredHelpful? 3 people found this helpful.
American Diabetes Association answeredThe following foods have carbohydrates:
- bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, tortillas, and crust
- pasta, noodles, and rice
- starchy vegetables such as corn, peas, potatoes, and sweet potatoes
- pancakes and waffles
- dried beans (such as kidney or pinto beans) and peas (such as black-eyed or split peas)
- fruit (canned, dried, and fresh) and fruit juice
- milk, soy milk, and yogurt
- sweets such as cake, cookies, ice cream, jam, jelly, and sugar
- popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, and French fries